Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Random Ramblings

Lately:

We go to Seattle usually once a week for appointments. Mostly Autism Clinic appointments for Miss. Ivanna.  I'm not complaining, since it took eight months to even get in the doors of that place. I can't believe just how rampant Autism has become, but that's a whole other topic. I truly am grateful for that place. It's a wealth of support, resources and just plain encouraging. Ivanna has had some points of regression this last year, which has prompted us to make some changes in her care to try and pinpoint the cause of it. It's an ever changing and evolving management style that requires much consistency yet - flexibility (which happens to be areas I struggle with).

I'm finding that not everything fits into the parenting mold I envisioned years ago. That's ok, just seeking to honor Christ even as we travel this particular road with Ivanna.



As I eluded to in the prior post, I hope that my girls will always have a close and special bond. The kind of relationship where they don't think twice about picking up the phone and talking about absolutely nothing while hysterically laughing at one another. Sister relationships are just unique and special. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I hope these girls always have that 'better than best friends' type thing ... forever.


My pregnancy with little Abram is chugging along, and for me it seems at mach speed. I'm not a rookie. I know that before I feel even ready, our sweet baby number 10, will be in my arms and we will be thrust into that crazy time where the newborn rules the house. I'm ok with just enjoying these last months of having Asher be my youngest, and the lazy days of summer promising sloppy watermelon kisses.


But ... there's this crazy desire I have had lately, and many of the kids share that want ...


... a puppy. We want a puppy. Something warm and furry to lay at your feet, or take to the beach and throw sticks for fetch, or go on runs with, or just laugh as your Littles play chase, etc etc.

I know. Crazy.  But true.



Other than those random things - I'll leave you with this picture of Justus pouring himself a cup of Joe.  This kid, plus Asher - keep me on my toes. They are a pair of trouble, seeking to get into whatever is off limits. I know that all too quickly they will grow out of this phase and into another, and so I try to capture even these moments (the ones that are sort of funny or cute) in a picture so I can look back on them later.


A cup of coffee ... in his Lego cup. Awesome.

No comments: