Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Sweet Pictures


Baseball season has been in full swing for awhile. We participate in our local homeschooling baseball league. It is such fun! Our boys love it. It gives them an opportunity to learn a sport, in a very friendly and sweet natured environment. We typically play soccer. This is our first year in baseball. Saturday the boys had a game - and it was beautiful outside. Here are just a couple of shots that I was able to capture. Tell me what you think - and be kind. I am just learning and trying to figure out my software and camera at the same time (no easy task for a mother of five) - however I believe it is important. I love - love - love having beautiful images of my family. They are so dear to me, and a picture can bring back so many memories. The first two pictures are of Chloe and Gabriel. Gabriel is all sweaty from playing. Chloe is drooling - but I still love these pictures. I love how Gabe's freckles are very visible. This always happens when he is in the sun. This next picture is not of baseball (obviously) but of a skirt and shirt that my dear friend, Amanda made and sent to Ellie. Isn't it soooo cute! I love it. I am going to take some more pics of her in outside - I think it will make for a cute picture in against some twigs and grass. Amanda sells both skirts and shirts that she has made on Ebay. You should check it out. They are very well made. Ellie wore it last Wednesday to her eye doctor appointment. She got SOOO MANY compliments. By the way - thank you for praying for her. All of a sudden her eyes are not crossing anymore - the doctor said he could not detect anything wrong - except for maybe a bit of farsightedness. That is normal and she probably will grow out of it. Praise the Lord!

10 comments:

~~Deby said...

love the photography, Charissa...sweet pictures for sure.
Oh Ellie looks so cute....send me the link for her Ebay site or did you say it was Etsy...anyways, would love to have a look.
Deby

Stephanie said...

Hi Miss Charissa - I love little Ellie's skirt, and the pictures! I've missed going to the youth class and seeing you and Brother Browning there on Wednesdays., Lord willing, see you on Sunday though! - Stephanie Olsen

Stephanie said...

Oh my! *nervous chuckle* Well, see....that last paragraph about the hair? I edited it, because I realized as I re-read it, that it didn't sound very Christ-like or kind, and I didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea from what I wrote. Thanks for being so sweet. I'm sorry if what I said came off wrong - I think I'll go bury my head in the sand now. :)

Stephanie said...

*sigh of relief* Well, I think I do understand why the pastor doesn't like blogs so much. It's a lot easier to say things that shouldn't be said, under the guise of being through the internet, and not face-to-face. But, at least there's always the edit button, which we don't always get in true life. :) Thanks!

Stephanie said...

Wow - we do sound alike! Yes, I write poetry every once in a while, and I tend toward the dramatic (melodramatic?) side. Dad is working with me to calm that Drama Queen down a little. :) Truthfully, anything (coffee, tea) that contains caffeine, sugar, or flavor of some sort is fine with me! It would be great to get together sometime. Now just to synchronize the time. ;)

Stephanie said...

You're not strange - I was thinking the same thing! Hmmm, I have a missions car wash, but I'm not sure what times I'm signed up for, so I'd have to figure that out, then let you know. If the times go well together, and my parents give permission, that sounds lovely! Oh good - it's really encouraging to have someone to look up to who understands.

Stephanie said...

4am does come early! My parents said ok, so I'm going to try and figure out what my shift times are at the carwash. When I find out --- I'll either comment or call, we'll see. I'm thinking that Saturday works best, because on Monday I'm supposed to be going shopping with some people - at least I think we are anyway! It's been fun, yes. :)

Amanda said...

I really love the skirt. Maybe you can tell me how to get a hold of her so she can make one for my Rebecca

Jenny said...

Cute pictures! Love the one of Chloe, she looks so much older there to me! Baseball must be so exciting, I am really looking forward to participating in things like that a little later on when I'm not expecting. I know my boys would love it. Love the freckles! We are freckle-less for the most part so I think they are so cool!

The Casaus House said...

Your pictures are priceless. I think the drool's cute on Chloe. Now I have to go read Stephanie's blog to see what you 2 are chit chatting about. :) Hey, see you tomorrow night, I think.