Monday, September 21, 2009

Our boy...

Just a quick update. I sit at the Ronald McDonald house after a difficult night. What a blessing the house has been - a refuge. I am on my way to go and make the short walk to the hospital. Phillip thought it would be good if I got some sleep last night. Justus had another difficult day yesterday (actually not till evening). He had been doing well after second surgery corrected the unravelled stitches in the sternum. Then around 5pm or so - I walked in his room after visiting with my other kiddos and noticed that he was having a very difficult time breathing. His eyes were rolled back in his head and his feet and hands were blue. He spiked a fever and reached a heartbeat of 200 b/m. A team was called in to try and cool him off with ice (horrible to watch). Then that didn't work and they decided to put him back on ventilator, in hopes to allow him to rest.
Please, please - pray.
My heart is aching for Justus. I so desire that he gets better. I know Christ has a plan - even through all of this. That is what I grasp onto. I am sorry if this is to transparent. I truly have nothing left within myself, but... to pray. To grasp onto the FACT that Christ is in control - even when the doctors are unsure.
May Christ receive all glory that may come from this.
During the time they were re-intubating Justus - we prayed fervently in the waiting area. There were a group of Russian women next to us. When we were praying - I noticed they were quiet. We said our "amens" and lifted our eyes to see them as they had been praying alongside us for my son. How humbling. We spoke and discovered that these ladies were there from a Ukraine church to help comfort a lady named Alex. Alex has a five week old son who underwent open heart surgery two weeks ago. He needs a heart transplant - and is waiting. Alex and I hugged. We all fell to our knees and wept as we all prayed for David - her son. Alex's husband is a missionary and is unable to get back into the states. If you think of it, please pray for her and David - as well as the husband. How difficult that must be.
Thank you for all of your prayer. As in the words of my friend, Katie, after her daughter experienced some complication after her surgery:
"It seems God wants to keep us on our knees a bit longer."

10 comments:

Tom and April said...

Yes, we are on our knees or in prayer often right now. I think God is loving the scent of that:) We will be praying for little David as well as his parents. What a refuge I personally have found in the Lord during this time. We are in prayer constantly lifting you all up to the Lord. I Love you, my sister.

I am truly blessed said...

Another beautiful post Charrissa!! My heart aches for all that you guys must be going through..but to see you giving God the glory....your testimony is truly amazing during this time. And please dont feel you are being transaprent. You are being real and honest..and I think everyone can appreciate that. We love you and continue to pray for your family.

Anonymous said...

Dear Browning Family. We are praying for Justus, and for his parents and for his siblings. Your family is in our hearts and thoughts, and prayers. Your little sweet son has united the whole church around God's throne. Praying that soon Justus would be able to say (think): "My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise" Ps 57:7. With love and many prayers, the Bowdens.

B.E.Hughes said...

Phillip and Charrissa, your lives continue to bless us abundantly. We are praying for your little treasure and his comfort, as well as your own.

Alice said...

Oh, Dear Charrissa. It is so hard to hear of little Justus suffering and my heart is heavy for you, my friend. It's during these lowest of times that we can feel His presence all around us. May you find peace and comfort in His sheltering wings. Love you.

Anonymous said...

Most definitely I will be on my knees praying for Justus and for your family. Vi Abing

~~Deby said...

thank you ...thank you...
for the updates...you and your family are loved by so many...YOUR lights shine and it gives testtimony to who Jesus is...
as much as we love you and yours...I know...I know our Lord loves that little guy of yours even more...little Justus is being kept...(((hugs)))
prayers and tears of caring..
love
Deby

Renee said...

In prayer for your family and David's family. I'm from the Hands' church in Virginia.

Kelly said...

I am so inspired by you, Phillip, Justus, your friends and family. You may never know what you bring to people. I will continue to pray for Justus. I wish I could be there with you or to help with the kids. You guys are in my thoughts many times throughout the day.

Anonymous said...

Charissa, my dear sweet friend, I love you guys and Im praying for Justus as well as your strength. As I have told you in the past, you are an inspiration to me. I know God has a purpose for this trial you and Phil are enduring,and you and he have the strongest bond as man and wife and best friends that I have ever known in a couple! My heart aches for your pain, and I will continue to pray, knowing that God is in control, as well as you and Phil. As in your stories, you are planting seeds around you just by your testimony, and the love your friends and family are showing outwardly to the unsaved around you in the hospital. Thank you for being such a strong woman and mother, it gives me courage and determination in my daily walk and life. I love you! Hang in there,, Donna Gray