Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Yuck and More Yuck!

Well . . . I think, I hope we are getting better. I thought I had the flu last week, and I was wrong. I got it on Saturday. It was horrible. However, now I still feel weak and have stomach cramps now and again. Just not tip top. I am always tired. I didn't sleep well last night though due to stomach cramps. This is just weird. I hope it goes away. Give me a cold, bronchitis, or any respiratory thing any day - but stomach flu??? -- no way!

Okay okay, enough.

Awhile ago the two eldest boys had a piano recital. They take lessons with a young woman in our church who does an amazing job. Isaac has been in lessons now since he was five and Gabriel also has taken lessons since being five. I like to get my children in as soon as they know some basic reading and are seemingly mature enough to be trusted on their "own" (without Mom right next to them making sure they obey). We have been truly blessed in having our children learn the piano. To hear them play duets is something that brings a tear to my eye. It just does something to you.


Here are some pictures of them playing. Afterward, we went to a park and played. I included a really funny picture of E.T. going down the slide. I know his head is cut off, but look at his facial expression. It is hilarious. That kid is ALWAYS smiling. I call him my liquid sunshine. Even in swim lessons - he has a perma-grin on throughout the ENTIRE lesson. While floating on his back: smiling; while kicking his legs: smiling; while dunking head under water: smiling! He is a wonderfully happy kiddo!





2 comments:

~~Deby said...

ohhhh..I am so sorry that this is not over for all of you....
you are right...YUCK...

Love the pictures...it is wonderful that your children are learning piano....
Great picture of Philip with the babe!
Deby

Jenny said...

Awww...love the photos from the park! So sorry you are still battling with those horrible symptoms...YUCK is right. Thus far we have still escaped, but we thought we had it on Sunday with weakness and some churning...I'm sure our turn is coming. We love the piano lessons too! Josiah didn't participate in the recital because he had only had lessons for about 2 months at that time, but next time we will! Can't wait! There may also be a recital at the end of summer! Hope you're feeling strong soon. Jen