Saturday, September 13, 2008

Browning INDO Tournaments



In our home we have an Indo Board. What is that? Well, it is a board that you balance on a round black thingy. Here are a couple of pictures of how you do it. One is of Gabe, and the other is Alice. (Hope she doesn't mind this picture . . . . ) Phillip says your never safe around me with my camera. Anyhow this is great exercise and core strengthening. Phillip got it to help the boys prepare for surfing. We have INDO tournaments in our living room to see who can go the longest on the board without falling. Even Ellie participates. Everyone . . . except me.
The first night we had it I patiently watched everyone take turns on the board. Then up to bed everyone went. I was left downstairs while Phillip tucked the boys and girls in. It was me . . . and that board. . . . alone. I looked to see if anyone was watching. I strained to hear if anyone was awake . . . all was silent. I assumed everyone was asleep. So on the board I went. A bit wobbly - I thought I was doing fine. Then all of a sudden the board seemed to have a mind of it's own. The board went one way and the black round thingy went the other. I went straight up in the air and landed on that black round thingy with a loud, very loud, thud! Ohhhh, did it hurt. I immediately curled up in a ball and moaned, squinting the whole time to be sure no one saw my error. Whew . . . I was safe. So I continued to lay there on the floor like a hurt puppy dog. Then I heard it. The laughter. Phillip had heard the loud thud and then the whimpering from the room farthest away from the living room. He couldn't control his laughter. Down the stairs he came asking what had happened, with his big ole' grin. Upon looking at him I started to giggle too. It was pretty funny.
Needless to say - I don't participate in the Browning INDO board tournaments.

6 comments:

Alice said...

Haha. I laughed again when I read your blog. You crack me up! You and Phil both.
(and I don't mind you posting my pic..I do the same thing. People go run and hide when I get my camera out for fear their picture ending up on the internet)!
We need to get together again real soon..I miss you :(

Jenny said...

That looks like a cool little board for both fun and exercise. Funny story...you don't have much luck with exercise exquipment, do you (the ball and then this)? ;) I understand, I am not the most coordinated individual myself.

~~Deby said...

oh my..think you would calling 911 on me...our WII is enough challenge....
looks like fun though and probably something my kids and grandsons would like.
~Deby

Jenny said...

Wow... I was sure I had already commented on this post... maybe I never hit enter?? Oh well... What I was wanting to say was that I've never even heard of that before!! Wow... looks pretty fun. Had a good laugh at your expense yet again, my friend. LOL Would have loved to have seen both this AND the ball episode. Gabe looks so cool on that thing!!

Anonymous said...

I am still missing "my Charrissa". Are you feeling any better?
How's school going?

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Oh my... this looks so fun....My kids would love it!!! We are on our way home from the most Amazing Vacation. We are in a Best Western on our last night on the road.This is the first time in ten days I have been on the computer. See you at the fields Sweet Sister!!!