Thursday, November 6, 2008

All Dolled Up
















My friend Alice made the girls a very special birthday gift. She made them personalized paper dolls. I just love them. I often see my Ellie girl playing with them in the corner by herself. I hope that she will cherish them for a long time. I know Alice (and her mother) put much time and effort into them. I think it is such a great idea. I know Alice used to sell them, but am not sure if she does that anymore. Anyhow I just had to share them with you. They came with many outfits for each "doll". They are all laminated and the clothes are held to the doll by velcro. (I chose velcro, but most choose magnets - but being as magnets are a little dangerous around babies I decided against it) Alice presented them in a sweet little box she also constructed. I am so thankful for this sweet gift from her and her mother's heart. It will be cherished. BTW - You can check out other creations that Alice and her mother made by clicking on the blog entitled "Daydreamed Designs".
Thank you Alice and Barb!
Love you both!



5 comments:

Alice said...

Your girls are so adorable, and so much fun to create as little paperdolls.
Glad that Ellie is enjoying them, and the laminate will allow them to last for Chloe's enjoyment when she is older.
I love you too! And miss you. So, you didn't go the youth conference with hubby this year?

Stephanie said...

So cute! Your daughters are wonderful gifts from the Lord. :) But then again...you knew that already!

Amanda said...

Those are SO neat. I don't think I have ever scene anything like them. They did an awesome job!!

handstrustinhim said...

These are adorable. I have been meaning to get a picture of Adah to Alice for some of these for Adah...and b.c I am a whirlwind these days and a BIG MO..I keep forgetting. LOve them they are so cute.

~~Deby said...

Those are so cute..she does such a great job...
Deby