Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Grandpa's Hat

In clearing my Dad's stuff out of his house and packing it up, we ran across several of his cowboy hats. Gabriel found this one in the garage the other day and put it on. He hardly ever takes it off now and prances around with it all day, literally - almost unaware he even has it on. He loves the thing. It's a tender reminder to me of two things. Of course, my Dad ... but also of my Gabe's heart. I'm sure it is that much more special to him because this hat is no ordinary hat. It is the hat of his grandfather ... fisherman extraordinaire, outdoors man to the hilt and owner of pretty cool hats. I think this picture would bring a smile to my Dad's face.


(and yes, Gabriel just recently got braces ... such a big boy)



I know this is blurry. I just like how it shows the love between Gabe and his sister, Ivanna. He really is a tender boy and has a heart for each of his siblings. He is always right there to try and help or play with a little. Look at Ivanna's face - she loves the attention.




2 comments:

The Potvin Crew said...

Gabe, you're an awesome big brother ... with an awesome new hat! Love ya, Mrs. Potvin

Anonymous said...

He Is so cute with those braces! Love my Gabe, And he really does have a sweet heart.