Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas Eve 2008














































We usually get together for Christmas Eve with friends and family for a big meal. This has become tradition - right down to what we eat . . . same menu every Christmas Eve - and we wouldn't have it any other way. This Christmas Eve was a little up in the air due to some crazy weather and difficult decisions having to be made regarding a Christmas Musical at church. With the musical being cancelled we were able to sit down with family and partake of the wonderful meal and share some more memories. I LOVE Christmas and all of it's festivities. I LOVE gathering with friends and family. I just always want to soak in as much as possible because this may only be another day to you and me - but the kiddos will remember even the smallest of details. They will remember this Christmas as the one when they were three, or six, or whatever age. To them it will be a cherished memory. I guess that's why it is always so important for me to be sure we follow through with those wonderful traditions and little festive things you do at Christmas. Thank you Donna for hosting this year. I apologize that it was so hectic in planning with schedules and what not. Here are a few snapshots from that day.

No comments: