Friday, August 1, 2008

Adah Grace



Here are some images that I have played with from when Amanda was here. This is her little girl. I tried to do the best I could - but discovered that the images were a bit blurry. She must have been moving a bit. I get so confused as to where to begin in editing. So many options. The sharpness adjusting also confuses me a bit. Trying to train my eye as to what is toooo much and what isn't enough. Hmmm, just going to continue reading my "Photoshop for Dummies" book. It is hard for me to read about something that I just really want to jump into and start the "doing" process. Oh well, you have to start somewhere. I will try and get some outside shots of my kiddos here soon. I like the greens in my grass and bushes lately. I am also really in need of printing many of my images. Like Jenny says . . . don't get behind in this area. Ohhhh . . . so many "want to do" projects and soooo little time. I also need to get organized for school and so much more. Another "want to do" is weight loss! I want - no need - no . . . really just want, to lose 10 pounds before September. Why that amount by September? Just a small goal. I find this works better for me to set small goals that are attainable rather than focusing on BIG amounts - that justs overwhelms me. Soooo, it's ten pounds by September. Then after that I need to lose 9 more pounds to be where I was when I became pregnant with Chloe. I just like losing the weight between each little one. In the course of my life I have collectively lost 290lbs. between pregnancies. WOW! That's CRAZY!
I am beginning to doubt it will happen this time - help me be accountable - I so need it.
But then, I need that in every area of my life; devotions, school, house work, ya da ya da ya da...

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Hey, love your new posts and blog skin! The zoo pictures were so cute. Adah looks nice here. It is frustrating battling with camera shake. I think that eye training, as far as photography and editing, comes with time. Time and exposure to the art. You may study your photos for awhile, editing them, think it looks great... only to go away and look at others photos on the web and realize that yours now look a little off. This has been happening to me for years and still happens every week. Sharpening is tricky to learn, the initial tendency is to oversharpen... after time it is easy to recognize a balanced amount of sharpening. You're doing great!! AND you're doing great at weight loss! You always do such a good job at that after having your babies! We should start some private (not for everyone's viewing) weight loss blogs! Those are so fun to read, but take guts! Naa... nevermind, I don't have those kind of guts!! LOL

Connie said...

Maaaaaaaan, do you have some cute little chicklets!!! They are adorable! I absolutely love little kids and have smooched just about all the kids at church at one time or another. There are just so many of them and we keep getting new members so I'll have a lifetime supply of kidlets!!! Hah,
Smoochies,
Connie

Jenny said...

Cute photo, you can really see the reflection in her eyes. You crazy lady, I can't believe (but somehow am not really surprised) you have kept track of all the weight you have lost each time to know that amount! :) I agree smaller goals are better to encourage you, as they are more attainable more quickly. I miss you!

Tom and April said...

I love your new wallpaper. Its great. Where did you find it? ANyhow, I love all the pics but cannot tell you a thing about photoshopping images. I hope you learn then when I get a better camera you can teach me. ;)Adah is such a cute little girl..so its hard to go wrong. But I feel that way about most pics of kids....I just don't see very many bad ones....photoshopped or not...they are all so beautiful and full of life...I love it!-April.

I think the weight loss blog is a great idea.

~~Deby said...

cute pictures.....
I am having a giveaway this week..everyday a different one...come over ....
~~Deby

Anonymous said...

Hey Charrissa....love this picture....but then again Adah is mine:)!!!! It is hard to believe just 5 minutes before you took this shot you had her screaming bloody murder getting those hair bows in her hair...to Charrissa's defense people, it was Adah's first time for pigtails...and look at the be I beautiful picture that came from it!!! I forwarded the picture to my family and guess what...they all noticed we had her ears pierced...what an earful I got...ughhh....oh well. Love you and miss you sweet friend.